Food poisoning is an acute gastroenteritis caused by the usage of a food substance or a beverage that includes the pathogenic micro organism or their toxins or poisonous chemicals.Food poisoning is common in hostels,hotels,communal feedings, and festivel seasons.
A group of persons will be influenced with same kind of symptoms,and they give a history of ingestion of a common food before few hours.
Types of food poisoning
1) Bacterial food poisoning:
Here the micro organisms called bacteria are responsible.The food material may comprise the sterile bacteriae or their toxin and will be ingested together with the food.
Two ) Non bacterial food poisoning:
As a result of presence of toxic chemicals like fertilizers,insectisides,heavy metals and ect.
Since bacterial food poisoning is common it is discussed here.
Bacterial food poisoning:
All bacteria aren’t harmful.There are several pathogenic bacteria which secrete toxins and trigger clinical manifestations.These organisms enter the human body through food posts or drinks.
Just how food poisoning occures:
1) Presence of bacteria from water.
2) The raw materials for the food may contain toxins.
3) Premises where the food is prepared may include micro organisms or toxins.
4) Food handlers might possess some contagious diseases.
5) Some creatures like dogs,rats can contaminate the food.
6) If ready food is stored in the space temperature for quite a long time and warmed again can earn a chance for food poisoning.
7) Purposely a body blending toxins from the food.
Some common bacterial food poisonings.
1) Salmonella food poisoning:
There are 3 distinct types of salmonella bacteria. Symptoms of the food poisoning include nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
This can be the harmful type of food poisoning brought on by clostridium botulinum. The spores of these organisms are observed from the soil and enters the human body through pickles and canned fish ect.Compared to other food poisonings here vomiting and diarrhoea are rare Mainly the nervous system is affected.The symptoms starts with double vision,disturbance with weakness.Later there will be paralysis with cardiac and respiratory collapse ending in death.
It’s caused by staphylo coccus aureus. These compounds generally trigger skin troubles like boils and eruptions.It causes mastitis from cow.Through the milk and milk products it enders and triggers gastroenteritis.There will be vomiting,abdominal cramps with diarrhoea.
4) Closteridium food poisoning:
This is caused by closteridium perfringens.They are present in stool,soil and water. They enter the body throughmeat,meat dishes and egg ect.If food articles are cooked and stored in room temperature for a long time and heated before eating can result this particular food poisoning.Symptoms include vomiting,diarrhoea and stomach cramps.
The spores of these organisms may survive cooking and causes enteritis. Diarrhoea and vomiting is common within this infection.
How to explore food poisoning?
1) Assess each and every individual affected.
Two ) Water sample should be tested.
3) Kitchen, store space and meals samples should be analyzed.
4) The cook and food handlers must be questioned and analyzed.
5) Samples of vomitus and feces of all victims should be tested to identify the bacteria.
The best way to prevent food poisoning:-
1) Just purified water should be used.
Two ) Hygiene ought to be preserved by all men keeping contact with meals.
3) Employees should apply masks, gloves and cap during serving and cooking.
4) Sick individuals should not come in contact with food substances.
5) Kitchen and assumptions should be clean and neat.
5) Vessels must be washed with soap and hot water.
6) Should keep the ready food for a long time in space temperature.
7) All food substances should be kept in closed containers.
8) Animals like cat, dog, rat ect should not come in contact with food substances.
9) Vegetables should be washed before cooking.
10) Meat should be fresh and should be purchased from recognized slaughter house.